- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion
- 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon St Louis garlic flakes
- 50g grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons St Louis mild curry powder
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 5 large carrots
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Rhodes tomato paste
- 1 Rhodes baked beans can
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- ½ teaspoon St Louis salt
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until soft and translucent.
- Add the chillies, garlic and half of the ginger.
- Add the curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stir to make sure they are well combined with the other ingredients and coated in the curry powder.
- Add in the tomatoes and tomato paste and stir. Cook until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the beans, thyme and remaining ginger and stir to combine, season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot or cold.