Easy Pulled Pork bun
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1.5kg pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup St. Louis spare rib sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 buttered hamburger rolls, split
- Pour the vegetable oil into of a heavy based pot. Add the pork roast; pour in the St. Louis spare rib sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken stock. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic and thyme.
- Cover and cook on High until the roast shreds easily with a fork, 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast from the pot, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the pot, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Spoon the shredded pork into the buttered rolls. Enjoy!