INSTANT POT BEEF POT PIE
•700g Brito’s tasty tender sirloin
•1½ teaspoons salt
•½ teaspoon St Louis black pepper
•1 small onion, diced
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•1 cup beef stock
•½ cup whole milk
•2 tablespoons flour
•1 cup mixed vegetables
• 230g roll dough sheets
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Season steak cubes with salt and pepper (1 teaspoon of salt, all the pepper). Set Instant Pot to “sauté” and sear cubes with canola oil on two sides (working in batches); set seared cubes aside. Add onion and garlic to the pot and sauté for 3 minutes. Add reserved seared cubes and beef broth.
- Set Instant Pot to “pressure cook” and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. While beef is cooking, combine milk, flour and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt; set aside.
- Vent steam and remove lid from Instant Pot. Set to sauté, stir in flour and milk mixture, simmer for 2 minutes, then turn off heat. Stir in frozen peas and carrots.
- Fill six ramekins with about ⅔-cup of beef filling; set on a sheet tray.
- Roll out crescent dough sheet to a rectangle and cut into six 10 x 10cm squares. Drape a square over each ramekin. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown, rotating pan half way through baking.