NYAMA (BEEF STEW)
- 900g Brito’s stewing beef
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- I tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut in 2cm sections
- 1 tsp cornstarch (optional)
- Oil (for frying)
- IIIovo Golden Syrup
- Heat oil in a pot and add beef, garlic and salt.
- Drizzle the syrup over the meat and brown the meat until it is a lovely brown colour on the outside. Add water to cover the meat and then turn down the heat. Allow simmering until meat is cooked through and tender.
- Once the water has completely evaporated, add the onions and curry powder and fry for 2minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Finally, add some water, chopped carrots and green beans and let the meal simmer for another s minutes. Don’t forget to keep stirring.