- 125 ml (72 C) cake flour
- St Louis salt & pepper
- ground nutmeg
- 1 kg Brito’s oxtail
- 70 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion
- chopped 1 leek
- sliced 2 celery sticks chopped
- 45 ml cake flour
- 500 ml prepared beef stock hot (plus 250 ml (1 C) reserved)
- 250 ml red wine
- 2 x 410 g Rhodes Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 15 g Rhodes Tomato Paste
- 3 bay leaves
- 800 g baby potatoes, halved
- Place the flour into a large bowl and season with the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the oxtail pieces and toss to coat with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat 45 ml (3 T) of the oil in a large saucepan.
- Brown the oxtail in batches until golden.
- Add the remaining oil to the same saucepan and add the onion, leeks, celery and carrots
- Fry until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the 45 ml cake flour.
- Add the 500 ml stock, red wine, Rhodes Whole Peeled Tomatoes and the Rhodes Tomato Paste Cup.
- Stir well to mix and then bring the sauce to the boil.
- Season to taste.