- 30 ml B-well cooking oil
- 1kg Pork, cubes or Pork Stew
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 ml finely chopped ginger
- 1 small red chilli, chopped or 5ml dried chilli
- 30ml St Louis Curry powder (medium or hot)
- 5ml Ground cumin
- 500ml Knorrox beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 10ml cake flour for thickening (optional)
Heat oil in heavy based saucepan and brown pork until golden brown. Add onions, garlic, ginger and chilli and sauté until soft. Add spices and fry for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add stock and seasoning, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the pork is tender. Add potatoes and simmer for a further 20 minutes. If preferred, thicken the sauce with a paste of flour and water.
Serve with steamed rice and sambals
Add baby marrows or carrots